Тема: Capitals rally behind Evgeny Kuznetsov Support him

WASHINGTONAs the Washington Capitals ready for the coming season, there are still questions surrounding Evgeny Kuznetsov.Back in May, the 26-year-old tested positive for cocaine, leading to a four-year ban from the International Ice Hockey Federation. While it's unclear whether or not he'll face any punishment from the NHLor his team. One thing is certain: his teammates are ready to support him.Speculation on the topic started in late May when a video went viral on social media featuring Kuznetsov sitting in a hotel room next to https://www.mttwinsshop.com/minnesota-t … rew-jersey  lines of white powder. At the time, and left the scene as soon as po sible. After the results became public, Kuznetsov apologized to the organization, his teammates and his fans, admitting to cocaine use."I have disappointed so many people that are important to me, including my family, teammates and friends. From the first day I took the ice in D.C., the Washington Capitals organization and our fans have been nothing but great to me and my family," Kuznetsov said in a statement on Aug. 23. "I feel absolutely terrible for letting you down. I realize that the only way I can win you back is https://www.mttwinsshop.com/minnesota-t … ins-jersey  to take ownership of my situation and my actions from this point forward."MORE: The Ru sian center ; the league has been in touch with the team and a decision is still being made.General manager Brian MacLellan wouldn't go too far into detail on Thursday but did say that he and Kuznetsov have been in constant communication and that Kuznetsov has been "for the most part, truthful" in their discu sions.However, the priority is to get him the help he needs."More of dialogue, conversation. Asking him what he needs, what he's thinking," MacLellan said of being there for Kuznetsov."I think he's aware that it's a big mistake in his mind. . . I think we want to get him in a spot where he's going to make a different choice next time." In 76 games last season, the Chelabyinsk, Ru sia,native racked up 21 goals and 72 points, but his inconsistent performance did raise eyebrows and lead to some frustration at the end of 2018-19. MacLellan said he isn't sure if cocaine did have an effect on his play, but that they didn't seem correlated.Since the news broke, Kuznetsov has taken steps to move on from the situation; and has been participating in the Caps' informal summer skates for a large part of the summer. He's also been in touch with his teammates about what happened."As soon as I saw the news I call him and I asked him if you need some help just to please let me know," Alex Ovechkin said. "I'm sure lots of guys do the same thing. It doesn't matter if we play together or play on a different team. I think we have a https://www.mttwinsshop.com/minnesota-t … ana-jersey  good relationship to support each other in different situations. Unfortunately, he's in that situation."Ovechkin also spoke on behalf of most of his teammates as they are ready to stand behind him."I think not as the captain, as a friend and a close friend, I think we should support him," Ovechkin said of Kuznetsov. "He realize he makes mistake. Everybody makes mistake in life. . . sometimes the best thing is just support him and be at his side and don't leave him alone. I think beyond everything else you have to be with him and when it's a moment, you have to stay together, and as a group, all we're going to do is support him and try to forget about it and hope he does not going to do the mistake again. "Dmitry Orlov also reached out to Kuznetsov over the summer, offering advice and telling him to stay optimistic, while also saying that he did what he could to fight through his personal struggles."...That's why hockey's such a great sport. If a teammate's down, you've got to pull him up or else your team's not going to have any succe s... we need Kuzy, we need everyone. So that's our goal."- Braden Holtby on the team helping Kuznetsov Sammi Silber (@sammisilber) Kuznetsov's off-ice impact also makes it https://www.mttwinsshop.com/hoodie  easier for his teammates to support him, especially given the fact that he doesn't have a bad history or reputation, nor is he a negative presence."He's a guy that's so fun in the room. There's not too many bad days with a guy like that. He comes in, he's a bright spot in our locker room. He's always having fun, as you guys know," Tom Wilson said. "He keeps it light. We're there for him as teammates if he needs anything. I don't exactly what the situation is going on. . . but we have his back and stuff happens."We just wish him the best getting that resolved. I think he's in a good headspace now. He's the same old Kuzy."Kuznetsov is expected to skate with the team as the Capitals start their first day of on-ice se sions at training camp on Friday.Head coach https://www.mttwinsshop.com/minnesota-t … ler-jersey  Todd Reirden didn't comment too much on the situationbut added he'll "have a lot to say" and be more comfortable discu sing Kuznetsov following the league's decision.